US based OWC has announced the release of its latest storage product, the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual. The Mercury Pro, with up to 16TB of storage, is geared toward a diverse group of potential consumers; from those who need to free up space on a computer’s internal drive to improve performance, migrate data to a new computer, or simply back up video editing projects to securing essential business data.
“With the OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual, we wanted to build a storage solution for everyone that could handle any task or workflow,” said Larry O’Connor, CEO and Founder of OWC.
According to a OWC’s statement, this product allows “creative pros, small office/home office users, students, and families to save, access, backup, and edit work and personal files.”
“The OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual is ready for your demanding A/V, digital photography, professional music, graphics, and general data backup needs. The OWC Mercury Pro U.2 Dual gives everyone the necessary horsepower to get the job done,” added the company.
OWC highlights these aspects as some of the Mercury Pro U.2 Dual’s most relevant features:
- Utilizes Thunderbolt’s full 2800MB/s data bandwidth
- The only dual-bay solution with up to two NVMe U.2 SSDs
- Cross Platform Compatible: Use the same drive between a Mac and a PC with OWC MacDrive for Windows
- Additional Connectivity: Add up to five Thunderbolt devices, a display, or your choice of a USB-C or DisplayPort device via the second Thunderbolt USB-C port
- Drive Monitoring: Front panel activity LEDs offer an instant status update
- Deployment Ready: Solutions undergo a rigorous multi-step performance certification